Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Some good news

Just got back from seeing my doctor for my follow-up from Friday. I had seen a different doctor while at the hospital, so it was nice to get to talk to my regular doctor. She checked my cervix and says it doesn't seem quite as bad to her as the other doctor and nurse who checked on Friday thought, though it is thinning out some. So, that's good. She said my bed rest doesn't have to be that strict. We'll call it a "modified" bed rest. I can't go to work, have to work from home (but I have plenty of writing to do), but I don't have to be strictly confined to bed. I just need to not do too much, and of course, if I'm contracting, I need to be doing whatever it takes to make that stop. I got permission to go to my once a week teaching class which only has 3 weeks to go, assuming I am not contracting and have not done too much already on those days. But she prefers me to stay home and take it easy as much as possible for now during the rest of the week. Also, the best part, she switched my prescription from Terbutaline to Nifedipine, which has fewer side effects. So, we'll see if that works for me. This morning I had yet another bad bout of frequent contractions because I forgot to take my medicine last night. I was able to get it to stop with 2 doses eventually, and have done fine since. So, it's good that I am responding to the medicine, and evident that I definitely do need it. Hopefully the new one will work just as well, without the negative side effects.

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Ricky was telling me all this a litle while ago... we both said "OH NO"... we're worried they told you "modified"... that is NOT a flag for "all systems go"... take it easy still girl! ... We know you will... but I know how much you dread that bed rest junk! :)

Am glad to hear you have some freedom though, if anything - for your sanity!

Love you & Luke & that beautiful blue eyed baby!!!!

The Johnson's said...

So glad to hear that things are going "well!" Keep up the good work.

Liz said...

I second what Rebecca said. I'm glad that the medication is working and that things aren't moving along like the first Doc's said.
Keeping you and Luke in my prayers.
Steve and Isaac too!

Love you,
Liz

Larry said...

Wonderful!

I got the girls praying every night for baby Luke and you.

Love,
Larry

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Im stopping by from Rebecca's blog....just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your baby. Just remember that God will take care of you so you need to trust Him.