Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween




This was Isaac's 3rd Halloween. I think he's grown quite a bit from that little 5-lb baby that fit inside the Jack-o-lantern back in 2007. This was his first year to go Trick-Or-Treating. Sadly, I didn't get to go around the block with him liked I'd hoped. I was planted in a chair in the driveway handing out candy, but Daddy took him. He wasn't sure what to think in the beginning. Being the shy little boy everyone knows he is, he was terrified of the idea of walking up to complete strangers in strange homes. The first house they hit was our neighbor across the street, and Isaac tried to run away screaming while Steve drug him up to the guy to get his little box of Nerds. After a couple of houses, he finally started realizing that these people weren't out to snatch him but were actually giving him candy!!! He finally got to the point of pushing the door bells himself and even taking candy from the giver's hand, though very cautiously. Then, at home, once he realized we were actually going to allow him to eat candy (a very rare and special treat around here), he wanted it all for himself. Anytime I tried handing out candy to any other kids, he'd come running up to me, grab my arm and scream, "No No No! Stop!"



Now, there's a story behind his Sherif's costume as well. Unfortunately, I waited until the last minute to think about his costume, but by Halloween day, all the toddler costumes were gone. And with me being in the hospital all day Friday, and on bed rest all day Saturdday, I couldn't get anything put together for him. We'd finally, by 6pm, decided he could just go in regular clothes, as we had nothing. BUT THEN, as I was searching his closet for something orange, I saw it!! Last month, on our visit to Kentucky, Isaac recieved lots of clothes as birthday gifts. Among them was this adorable Sheriff cowboy pajama set from PawPaw (Nanny Rebecca's daddy)! It is size 24 months, and that is usually way too big on him, but I knew I had to try. It was a little big, but worked perfectly! Along with a matching red bandana from Grandma, it was a complete costume (with the exception of cowboy boots). It was perfect for him, because he hates anything on his head or anything out of the ordinary pants and shirt. It did take a while for him to tolerate the bandana even. So, thank you PawPaw for saving us very last minute! It was the perfect costume. He was the most adorable Sheriff in town, in my opinion.



I also want to point out the incredible job Steve did on this year's pumpkin. He came across this design, and knew it was perfect. It looks just like Astro, doesn't it? Even Isaac recognized him instantly.

Lastly, and update on me and Luke: still having contractions off and on, but nothing concerning, as long as I'm taking my medicine. However, the medicine is making me crazy - racing heart, dizziness, breathlessness, etc. It's a miracle I'm able to put together a coherent sentence right now, but that's only because it's starting to wear off and time for another dose. I can't think straight, focus, or walk half the time, but I know eventually my body will get used to it like last time. I'm also hoping when I see my doctor tomorrow, we can talk about something different with less side effects, but there are very few options for this situation, unfortunately. But we'll survive. It's worth it to keep him baking a while longer.

Here's the link to our Halloween Album

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

OH MY GOSH... I screamed out loud when I saw him in that outfit on the horse... how DANG cute is that cowboy!!! The bandana really made it!!! Good thinking there mom!!!!

Tell Steve that's an impressive pumpkin! I immediately knew it was Astro too!

Praying for you tomorrow with doctor's appointment! Let us know what they say!

Unknown said...

That boy is going to make a good "real" Cute cowboy. Being a Texan doesn't hurt none either. He'll have to get on cochese next time he is in town.

TAKE CARE
TOM AND ALMA

Lynn said...

What a wonderful costume idea... he looked adorable!!!!