Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Crib and Blanket

We finally got our crib put together (I say we, but I really mean they - Steve and his dad). It's beautiful - Thanks Dad and Rebecca!!! It matches the stain on our chair rails perfectly. Steve did a fabulous job choosing the stain. And as for the blanket, I do take all the credit for that. I started it about a year ago, knowing it would one day be a baby blanket for our child, I just didn't realize how soon that would be! It's made with Cotton Fleece, which I adore, although it does split easily, using large needles to give the lacy effect. I'm so glad to be done with it, I was seriously getting sick of it. I did run out of yarn while working the last row of crocheted trim, but it ran out just as I was about to start the very last edge of the blanket, so you can't even tell - even if you look very closely, it looks like it was done on purpose.

Pattern: Lace Blocks from Big-Needle Knit Afghans by House of White Birches
Yarn/Needles: Brown Sheep Co. Cotton Fleece; US10.5

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Everything looks beautiful! The blanket with that wood looks very classy! Wont be long before Isaac is ready to get snuggly in there!

Kristen said...

Wish Steve a Happy Birthday for me! (Yes, I'm the slacker who got my birthday wishes in when only 1 hour of birthday remained. . .)

Terry Bohannon said...

It is beautiful!