Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9 Years Ago Today....

That's when it all began. We don't really celebrate the anniversary of when are two lives came together since 9/11/01, but we will never forget. I was 17, Steven was 3 days shy of his 17th birthday; we were just beginning our senior year of high school. He lived in Houston, TX, I lived in Mountain Home, AR - seemed like a world apart. The night of 9/10/98 I came home from a horrible day, feeling so alone. I got online to quickly check my email before bed. Then, suddenly, just as I was about to sign off, this guy named Steve that Joe had given my ICQ (istant messenger back in the day) number to, sent me a message asking how my day was. I began talking with him and telling him all the struggles I'd had that day. We began chatting about anything and everything, getting to know one another. We'd never met in person or spoken on the phone at this point, but we talked as if we'd known each other for years. Before I knew it, the sun was coming up. We signed off at 7:30am the morning of 9/11/98. When I crawled into bed that morning, I knew in my heart that this boy had just changed my life forever. I don't know how I know, but it was as if God placed this peace on my heart and I knew my life would never be the same, that something very special had just happened. 2 days later on Steve's 17th birthday we spoke on the phone for the first time. 2 months later, he had managed to convince his dad to allow him to move back to Mountain Home with his mom in the middle of his senior year to see if we could make our relationship work. God certainly had a plan - how many parents would let their child make that kind of a move for a teen romance? We finished our senior year together, went to prom together, and he proposed to me the night of our high school graduation. My family, of course insisted we wait until after college to get married - we were too young to be so serious. So 7 and a half years after that night, we were finally married. Now, we have created a life together. It seems like the last 9 years have led up until this moment in our lives. I am so proud to say that Steve is my first and only love, and always will be. And we will be able to provide our son with parents that have a strong and loving marriage, something neither of us ever had. God has truly blessed us in so many ways.

Senior Prom 1999

Summer 1999

April 23, 2005

June 9, 2007

Little Isaac Lee

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yup, little did I know that my budding hobby as an internet predator would pay off so well. I found a shy, lonely young girl online and sweet talked her all night long. Though I guess I did too good of a job because now I'm locked in for life. Yay for Julie, Yay for me, Yay for Isaac Lee!

Rebecca Jo said...

Love the progression of pictures - too cute!

Joe said...

In the only picture without wood railings steve looks like a woman. Strange coincidence....or is it?

Joe said...

p.s. you sure that pic is from 98? cause i wasn't dating hodges then, and that's her house.