Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First steps to end 2008!

Well, my big boy is truly growing up. He decided he just couldn't let 2008 end without taking those long awaited first steps. Just hours before 2009 started, my 15 month old little boy finally took his very first steps, surrounded by friends and family. It was a perfect moment. Unfortunately, the first time he did it, in my excitement, I grabbed him as he fell into my arms and screamed, which scared the poor little guy into tears. He got over it quickly though and was ready to try again. So far, he's taken only about 6 or 7 steps at a time, but I have a feeling that very soon I'll be chasing after him as he's running from me to get into everything he can reach now at his new level. Next thing I know, he'll be driving.


6 comments:

Rachel Bo said...

Aww, awesome! :D

Rebecca Jo said...

I WANT TO CRY!!!!!!!!!

Courtney said...

Ohhh, that brings back memories. You must be a proud Mommy!

Joe said...

You are not allowed to teach him how to drive.

Kristen said...

Congratulations, big guy. You're well on your way to becoming a little terror! Next you can learn how to brush the dogs with Mommy's hair brush and flush small objects down the toilet!

Lynn said...

Isn't the one of the most amazing moments? Life changes now... get ready for the real fun to begin!!!