Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Christmas miracle

Isaac gave me the most special Christmas gift I could have ever received this year.


A perfect smile!


I've been trying for weeks to capture his beautiful smile with the camera, and he would never let me. I literally have spent hours holding a camera in front of his face while cooing and laughing and talking to him hoping to get something, even a hint of a smile, but he was totally camera shy. Then, on Christmas morning, after opening all of our gifts, Steve set the camera timer and we all layed down in the wrapping paper for a family picture. I leaned down to place a kiss on Isaac's forehead, and Steven was just lying there looking at him. Isaac looked up at the flashing light on the camera and broke out it the biggest baby smile you've ever seen. Steve and I both just held our breaths, afraid to say anything, silently praying that he would hold it long enough for the flash. Then the flash took, and immediately he lost the smile and started looking around. I started screaming for Steve to look at the camera to see if we got it, but I knew we did. Then I saw it. There's nothing more beautiful that seeing one of your baby's first smiles. Though I've seen him smile a few times on other occasions, it is such a rare thing, and I wanted a picture so I could see it whenever I wanted. And now I have it!! I truly believe angels whispered in his ear and the perfect moment and told him to smile for Mommy. I cried for about 15 minutes afterward, because it was just so incredibly special.



Thank you baby for giving me that beautiful genuine smile to see whenever I want, and thank you God for telling him what I wanted for Christmas and helping him give it to me. This was by far, the best Christmas of my life. I never knew life could be so perfect - I am so incredibly blessed.

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

It really is the cutest picture in the world! I have looked at it thousands of times myself! What a precious gift!

Lynn said...

What an adorable smile! And is that red hair that I see??????